Tuesday, November 4, 2008

WOW! New Bruce for Halloween!

This is exactly what I would expect from Springsteen...except that he has often looked the other way when it comes to embracing new technology so when I opened my email box this morning to discover a new Halloween song, "A Night With The Jersey Devil", I was giddy with as much joy as a pound of Snickers candy bars could give me after a day of trick or treating.

His website reads:
"Dear friends and fans, If you grew up in central or south Jersey, you grew up with the 'Jersey Devil.' Here's a little musical Halloween treat. Have fun!"

The blues-drenched number features a fuzzed out harmonica and well, it's one of the best things Bruce has done in years. How I only wish Bruce would embrace the blues genre on an album, this suits him far more than the songs of Pete Seeger.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner