Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Beatles - And I Love Her [Alt.Version]

The song was written mainly by McCartney, though John Lennon claimed in an interview with Playboy that his major contribution was the "middle eight" section ("A love like ours/Could never die/As long as I/Have you near me").

Beatles publisher Dick James lends support to this claim, saying that the middle eight was added during recording at the suggestion of producer George Martin. According to James, Lennon called for a break and "within half an hour [Lennon and McCartney] wrote...a very constructive middle to a very commercial song."[1]

McCartney, on the other hand, maintains that "the middle eight is mine.... I wrote this on my own."[

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner