Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Thw White Album as a Single LP



Debates on what songs we could cut off a the double LP with over 93 minutes of sonic sounds.

The Beatles guru, George Martin has had saddled up these same thoughts.

"They came in with a whole welter of songs - I think there were over thirty, actually - and I was a bit overwhelmed by them, and yet underwhelmed at the same time because some of them weren't great...I thought we should probably have made a very, very good single album rather than a double. But, they insisted. I think it could have been made fantastically good if it had been compressed a bit and condensed. We can only wonder what songs he woulda left off."

That's why I have decided to do it myself. I have taken out my stethoscope, scalpel, otoscope, glitter 'n laser to twiddle the double-LP White Album into a single LP.

It was a tough task...I removed some of the quirky songs, did some minor rearranging, added an excellent outtake and abracadabra - we have the single album version of the White Album. Any thoughts?

Which songs would you put on your very own single LP version of the White Album? Let the debate begin...

Side One

Back In The USSR
The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Everybody’s Got Something To Hide Except For Me and My Monkey
Julia
Rocky Raccoon
Happiness Is A Warm Gun

Side Two

Helter Skelter
Yer Blues
Not Guilty
Revolution 1
Cry Baby Cry
Blackbird
Good Night

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner